Friday 20th May 2016

VENUE: Millwall Football Club

This year’s Property Cup is taking on a new format and will be held as a one day competition at Millwall Football Club.

The full team entry is comprised of nine teams as listed below:

Altus, Arcadis, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, Gardiner & Theobald, GVA, John Rowan & Partners, Lambert Smith Hampton and the Shop Agents Society.

The draw for groups will be announced in advance of the competition. All games other than the final will be 30 minutes in duration with a straight change of ends after 15 minutes. During the knock out cup phase, games that end in a draw at full time will be decided by going straight to penalties.

If you are interested in being part of the SAS Football team for this event please contact Matthew Stephenson at Lunson Mitchenall on 0207 478 4950 or

This will also be a great networking opportunity with the directors box and stands being open all day for spectators and is free entry. Your support will be very much appreciated.

Tournament Report

The Squad

  1. Ben Selwyn (KLM)
  2. Matt Stephenson (Lunson Mitchenall)
  3. Will Hooper (Lunson Mitchenall)
  4. Tom Wyatt (Robert Bebington & Company)
  5. Ruvan Sangra (Lunson Mitchenall)
  6. Vincent Morris (Fawcett Mead)
  7. Joe Baio (Fawcett Mead)
  8. Nick Carvey (Fawcett Mead)
  9. Matt Berdall (Green & Partners)
  10. Dom Brady (KLM)
  11. Alex Davidson (Lunson Mitchenall)
  12. Ben Clark (KLM)
  13. Tom Dymond (Bellrock)
  14. Oli Church (Smart 4)

Group Stages

SAS v Altus

SAS started strongly going 1 goal ahead in the early stages. SAS controlled the tempo of the game and got the ball forward at every possible occasion. SAS never looked like losing but did concede 1 goal on the way to a 3-1 victory and 3 points on the board.


After a long 2 hour break between games, SAS lined up against a strong CBRE team. SAS has a physical battle on their hands from the first whistle. SAS were awarded a penalty after Matt Beardall was taken down inside the CBRE penalty box. It was coolly finished and SAS rode out the rest of the pressure finishing the game 2-0 to come second in the group stages.

Knockout Stages


Having been drawn against G&T, SAS were looking forward to a knock out game. The tensions were high and the SAS were not playing their usual concise football that had seen them perform so well in the group stages. SAS fielding a strong team with 3 new players coming into the fold to offer fresh legs. The game was close and eventually finished in a draw resulting in penalties. The SAS penalties takers were cool, calm and collected. Beardall stepped up first, slotting easily, followed by Ruvan Sangra who after a slight step to send the keeper nowhere, played the ball into the corner. A strong hand from Ben Selwyn in goal resulted in SAS going through to the Semi Finals.

Semi Finals


In a strange twist of fate, SAS once again faced CBRE in the semi finals having already beaten them 2-0 in the group stages. The pressure of the semi final made for a nervous start and SAS were not getting the ball forward with any fluidity. It took a lot of pressure but eventually SAS broke the deadlock and went 1 nil ahead. CBRE responded quickly to make it 1-1 following a penalty when two CBRE players went down from a strong tackle inside the SAS box. SAS pushed hard and fought to get the ball forward which resulted in a goal to take it to 2-1. With minutes to go, two CBRE players went through and collided with the SAS goalkeeper resulting in a contentious penalty at the last whistle. It finished 2-2 and penalties happened again. SAS did not have the same luck and the penalties resulted in a loss and an exit from the tournament.

CBRE went on to lose in the final to GVA on penalties.

It was a thoroughly good day with lots of support.

Bring on next year!